Summary of credentials
About my practice
Who am I?
My therapy practice is now closed to in-coming clients.
You can find me at www.GettingStrong.net where I will be offering on-line tutoring for students of the GettingStrong.net course.
Who Am I?
- I have lived in Toronto for over 37 years
- I was born in 1947 in Ontario
- I grew up in South America: Brazil and Argentina (My father worked for the United Nations)
- I became interested in Psychotherapy and human behaviour because I learned to value human differences from a young age
- I started to read about therapy at the age of thirteen (1960) and have been involved in the field since then
- I lived in Montreal where I learned to speak French and to appreciate the Francophone culture
- I have two children and I have been married since 1970 ( I know first hand how to make relationships work)
- My grandfather was an alcoholic; so I have a personal knowledge of addictive patterns in families
- I maintain a fundamental respect for your value system
- I am both strong and gentle; I take a direct approach based on kindness
- I believe strongly in working in partnership with each client
- I am open minded and creative; I work with the idea that we are all continually in the process of changing - you will determine the direction of that change
- The feedback I consistently receive is that I provide a high level of comfort and challenge to my clients; they trust my integrity and my personal level of commitment to their learning process. My non-judgmental, inclusive approach is an important part of their comfort with me.
- I have a high rate of success and work efficiently; I do not waste time
- I am committed to creating an egalitarian experience between men and women
- I believe there is something present in the universe, but I don't presume to define it - except that it is infinite. I respect all of our human attempts to give that "great mystery" form, and will work with you as you do your searching. Or I will respect your view that it is either non-existent, or unimportant in your life.