Summary of credentials
About my practice
Who am I?
My therapy practice is now closed to in-coming clients.
You can find me at www.GettingStrong.net where I will be offering on-line tutoring for students of the GettingStrong.net course.
- I have learned a wide range of modalities
- I believe talking is not enough - you must experience something new in order to effect real change
- I use whatever will work for you to get you where you need to go
- I am holistic, which means the more parts of you are present during therapy the more effective it will be. This means mind, body, and spirit.
- Some of the modalities I have been trained in over the years are as follows: Freudian, psychodynamic, Jungian, Gestalt, psychodrama, cognitive, Eriksonian, EMDR, CBT Therapy (Cognitive Behavioural), Sand Play Therapy - I use whatever works for you.
- I maintain a fundamental respect for your value system
- I am both strong and gentle; I take a direct approach based on kindness
- I believe strongly in working in partnership with each client
- I am open minded and creative; I work with the idea that we are all continually in the process of changing - you will determine the direction of that change
- The feedback I consistently receive is that I provide a high level of comfort and challenge to my clients; they trust my integrity and my personal level of commitment to their learning process. My non-judgmental, inclusive approach is an important part of their comfort with me.
- I have a high rate of success and work efficiently; I do not waste time
- I am committed to creating an egalitarian experience between men and women
What is EMDR?
You may have noticed on my list of therapy approaches that I do EMDR. EMDR is a new short-term psychotherapy treatment for a variety of emotional problems... Read More